If you anticipate graduating at the end of the upcoming semester, it is important to request a final degree check from the records specialist. The final degree check is an intensive audit of all graduation requirements (coursework and otherwise). The records specialist will communicate the results of your final degree check to you via your @nmsu.edu student email address, notifying you of any impediments to your graduation.
- When can I request a final degree check? You should request your final degree check as soon as you have registered for the classes you'll be taking in your final semester. It is important that you register for classes before requesting your final degree check. If you are unsure what to register for, you must consult with your assigned faculty advisor or department head. The final degree check is a confirmation that your registered courses are acceptable, and not an advising process that tells you which courses to take.
- How many final degree checks do I get? One. If you make changes to your schedule after receiving your final degree check, it is important that you communicate directly with the records specialist in Guthrie Hall to confirm that your schedule changes are acceptable.
- What else do I need to do to graduate?
- Submit a degree application via your myNMSU account.
- Business Minors: Confirm that you have officially declared the minor by viewing your student information in my.nmsu.edu.
- Non-Business Minors: Submit applications for all minors you plan to complete to the appropriate academic departments.
- Register in, attend, and complete your final courses.
Please note that this form is only applicable to current undergraduate Las Cruces campus Business College students and students pursuing the associate of pre-business degree from a New Mexico State University community college campus.